Deployments are never easy. It doesn’t matter what the reason you spouse is gone, for how long or where they head out to, deployments just plain suck. And the Military Murphy’s Law states that anything and everything will go wrong the second your spouse steps out the door and is no longer reachable.
From the house flooding, to just simply having a rough encounter with someone, we all have stories that were awful to go through at the time, but are funny in retrospect. There is a lighter side to deployments, though they usually have to be over to be able to see it.
I have an ongoing series called Funny Deployment Stories. It’s a place to showcase all those hilarious stories we share with each other over a glass of wine and laugh hysterically at how ridiculous the situation was.
- Proof Good Samaritans are the Stuff of Legends
- Greatest Hits: If My Life Were a Movie, I’d Want Tina Fey to Play Me
- Funny Deployment Stories: Anything That Can Go Wrong, Will
- Funny Deployment Stories: Misadventures in Deployment
- Funny Deployment Stories: TAD
- Funny Deployment Stories: The Lighter Side of Deployment
- Funny Deployment Stories: If My LIfe Were A Movie, I’d Want Tina Fey To Play Me